photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Thursday 31 January 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer (Apocalyptic)





Its safe to say that Rimmel london's Apocalips lip lacquers have gone down a storm with beauty addicts. Always one intrigued by hype, I couldn't resist trying them out during a recent trip to Boots. Super pigmented, in beautiful wearable shades, it took all my willpower not to purchase each shade on the stand, but with £6 in boots points I decided to be sensible and stick to one. I opted for Apocalyptic the perfect bright pink shade. 
With a doe foot applicator Apocalyptic applies like a lipgloss but dries with a lipstick like finish. This beauty seriously packs a punch, and in terms of longevity I was left really impressed. Applied in the morning Apocalyptic survived an orthodontic appointment and a costa coffee (wowweee). 
In terms of packaging its nothing special, but it does the job. 
Overall im seriously impressed, and for the grand total of £5.99, I think its best I avoid boots and superdrug for a while haha 

have you tried Apocalips lip lacquers?? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

17 comments:

  1. These are so pigmented I can understand why everyone loves them so much! I dont wear lip products that often - despite owning far too many so I wont be purchasing these yet!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they just :).. I had to see what all the fuss was about, and I totally get it now ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh I really want to try these, I'm trying SO hard to be good though so I'm thinking I shall also be avoiding Boots & Superdrug for a little while!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I will be doing the same, it took all my willpower not to get them all ;) xx

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! I don't wear lipglosses but as this dries like a lipstick I may have to try it!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not much of a lipgloss lover, but these did feel very much like a lipstick, no harm in having a look at the testers ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I've heard so much about these they look great x
    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are definitely worth the hype ;) xx

      Delete
  5. This definitely sounds like something i need, great review! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou!! it is a rather lovely lip product ;)xx

      Delete
  6. I've not tried any of these yet, looks like a nice colour though!x

    coldknees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their definitely worth a swatch ;) xx

      Delete
  7. I've been seeing this new line of Rimmel lip products from a few blogs and can't wait for them to arrive here in Canada :)

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I hope they arrive in Canada for you soon!! im resisting visiting any drugstores, so I dont walk out with more ;) xx

      Delete
  8. I purchased this some time ago but still haven't come around to use it, have no idea why. Defo going to check it out now. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete