Due to its cult following and an abundance of glowing reviews (no pun intended) throughout the blogosphere, the infamous Pixi Glow Tonic is a product hailed by those lucky enough to get hold of it, and coveted by those unfortunate enough to find it unsurprisingly sold out for the millionth time.
So what makes a product so special that it sells out quicker than it can be restocked? Is this 'miracle in a bottle' worth not only the hype, but the countless hours spent rechecking the Pixi website?! Two bottles later, I can safely say that this no frills wonder has become a vital step in both my morning and evening skincare routine. The result?! visibly clearer, softer skin which behaves for the most part (curse mother nature).
Containing 5% glycolic acid to help tone, tighten and remove dead skin cells and skin loving ingredients such as Witch Hazel to help minimise troublesome pores, fructose and sucrose to help brighten the complexion and Aloe Vera to help both soothe & heal, the Pixi Glow Tonic really is more than just your average toner. If that wasn't enough it also does a mighty fine job of removing every last trace of dirt and grime.
To use, simply cleanse your skin as normal, then apply a little of the tonic to a cotton pad and sweep all over the face, avoiding the eye area. That being said I have used this to lightly remove eye makeup before now, something I really wouldn't recommend doing. I usually follow with a pea sized amount of the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+. I know iv'e said it in the past but together, these truly are the ultimate spot fighting duo.
All in all its pretty easy to see why the Glow Tonic has taken the beauty world by storm. This truly is the ultimate everyday toner to help brighten dull looking skin. The Glow Tonic can be purchased directly from the Pixi website for £18
1. Refresh your wardrobe. With a noticeable drop in the temperature, now is the perfect time to indulge in some A/W staples. Treat your hands to a fabulous pair of gloves and make sure your warm and toasty thanks to that beautiful scarf you have been eyeing up.
2. Give your makeup a well overdue shakeup. As much as i love my vibrant fuchsias, Autumn is the perfect time to adorn 50 shades of red. Lately I have been re acquainted with a long lost gem, que Tom Ford Moroccan Rouge, the ultimate transitional shade.
3. Make the most of Halloween. Dressing up, ghoulish recipes, Pumpkin Spiced Latte's, an abundance of candy, lazy days cuddled up watching horror movies and most importantly pumpkin carving. Whats not to love.
4. Embark on a leisurely walk in the countryside or an evening wander across the beach. Where I live I am blessed to have the best of both worlds. Theres nothing better than looking up and admiring the changing colours of the trees, listening to the waves hit the pebbles at dusk, or running through a field of crunchy leaves.
5. Watch the rain pour whilst Indulging in Afternoon Tea in a beautiful country house or spend a miserable evening at the Cinema or a show.
Nothing beats cute home accessories with a well placed bow. Vibrant pink peonies. A Chanel kinda Birthday, the boy definitely did good. Over indulging in Next Homeware. Reminiscing about Paris. Birthday afternoon tea at The Grove. Obsessing over Jo Malone's Silk Blossom, mmmm. Macaroons and Sunshine. My beautiful Bridesmaid's bouquet from my Best friends wedding.
I shamefully have to admit that this post has been a year in the making. When I read American blogs (or US hauls for that matter) I often find myself sighing at the plethora of fabulous drugstore brands/products that never seem to make it to UK shores. Thanks to one to many rave reviews at least half of my wishlist contains products that are a good 12 hour flight across the atlantic or mere hop on the Eurostar away. The number one brand being Wet n Wild. So when the beautiful Trina sent me three of the Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colours many moons ago I was thrilled to say the least.So were the semi-matte, creme finish lipsticks worth the many hours lost swooning over various reviews?
Il admit that the simple, black plastic packaging is nothing to shout home about. However that being said the product itself more than makes up for it. Considering the lipsticks are under $2 a piece, I cant get over how well they perform. These smooth, seriously pigmented lip colours have amazing colour pay off, apply effortlessly and last reasonably well.
Have I also mentioned that the colour selection is superb? With 20 lipsticks in a range of eye catching shades. The three I have are Cherry Picking, a red with pink undertones that has been described as a dupe for Love Goddess from the MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection. Dont Blink Pink, a bright fuchsia that has been likened to MACs Chatterbox, and Pinkerbell, a coral toned bubblegum pink which has also been described as a dupe for a well loved MAC lipstick (Viva Glam Nicki).
Overall, the Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colours, are fairly smooth and seriously pigmented. In terms of longevity they last around 3-4 hours. Unlike most vibrant shades they dont bleed or smudge, and with just one swipe are opaque. In terms of price, for a mere $2 you really are getting your moneys worth and then some. Sadly these aren't readily available (theres always eBay right?), however with the budget brand now available in Ireland, theres still hope for us yet!
Have you tried the Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colours?
This month I reacquainted myself with some forgotten gems, after finally giving my stash a well overdue spring clean (we will forget the fact that I only sorted the lute out back in january), and welcomed some overdue spot busting goodies into my skincare routine. As a result I have a mixed bag of products that have well and truly earned a spot in my April favourites. Including several skincare treats, a discontinued balm, a high end mascara, a hand cream that smells like candy, aswell as two bargainalicious must haves thrown in for good measure.
When I initially tried a sample of Benefit's They're Real Mascara I was left less than impressed. Yes it added a fair amount of volume and length, but the good was outweighed by an overly wet, super clumpy formula. So how a full size tube of this mascara ended up in my possession im not to sure, but surprisingly im glad it did. I dont know whether the sample was a little different, but the formula of this is spot on. Let's just say iv'e been converted. With just a few strokes my lashes are left looking thick and dark, and as a result this has quickly become my go to mascara.
Next up we have a new love, que the Seventeen Stay Time 18 Hour Concealer. Move over Collection Lasting perfection Concealer as theres a new budget friendly beauty on the block. Although im not completely sold on its lasting power (in no way does it last 18 hours), I cant deny how it effortlessly covers blemishes and imperfections without looking cakey. This month I managed to put my beloved Naked eyeshadows down long enough to try something new. I seriously cant get enough of this Wet n Wild Colour Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking On Eggshells. These budget friendly shadows are satiny smooth, super pigmented and seriously beautiful.
I cant help but gush over my next favourite. I am completely smitten with this Rhubarb and Rose Replenishing Hand Cream from Molton Brown. This luxurious cream quickly absorbs into the skin, leaving hands feeling soft and moisturised. To top it off, it has a scent that lingers for ages. Think Rhubarb and Custard Sweets, a concoction that really shouldn't work but does. For skincare I have been loving the Pixi Glow Tonic and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+. Together, these truly are the ultimate everyday spot fighting duo (expect a proper review soon).
Finally, I rediscovered an old favourite only to find that it has now been discontinued (sob). Applied before bed, the Dior Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm does a wonderful job of leaving my lips feeling wonderfully soft and smooth. Why discontinue it Dior? why?
01. GlamGlow Super Mud Treatment Mask (here)The start of the month saw me sing the praises of what I can only describe as a miracle in a pot. A skincare hero that will banish all complexion woes and tackle those pesky spots once and for all.
02. MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers (here) After months of searching but to little avail, I finally managed to get my mitts on a purse friendly dupe for the sought after Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Lipsticks.
03. Spring Staples (here)With Spring in full swing, the time has arrived to give my makeup a well overdue shakeup. This month I welcomed lighter bases paired with a Spring appropriate pop of colour.
04. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushers (here)With Tarte now available within the UK, I thought it was about time I gave my two cents on the highly sought after blushers.
05. Bath & Body Works Haul (here)Finally, during her recent trip to Oman, my fabulous mother managed to track down a Bath & Body Works in Muskat City Centre. Upon her return I was greeted with a rather large bag of goodies.
Meet my new arm candy, the beautiful Mulberry Lily. This girl should not be allowed to step foot in Bicester Village. When I pai...
Disclaimer | All words and opinions expressed on this blog are 100% my own. As of April 2014 any products that are sent for review purposes, or received at events will be clearly marked with an (*). Unless Stated with an (*) all products featured on this blog have been purchased by myself.