photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Monday 5 May 2014

Monthly Favourites | April

This month I reacquainted myself with some forgotten gems, after finally giving my stash a well overdue spring clean (we will forget the fact that I only sorted the lute out back in january), and welcomed some overdue spot busting goodies into my skincare routine. As a result I have a mixed bag of products that have well and truly earned a spot in my April favourites. Including several skincare treats, a discontinued balm, a high end mascara, a hand cream that smells like candy, aswell as two bargainalicious must haves thrown in for good measure. 

When I initially tried a sample of Benefit's They're Real Mascara I was left less than impressed. Yes it added a fair amount of volume and length, but the good was outweighed by an overly wet, super clumpy formula. So how a full size tube of this mascara ended up in my possession im not to sure, but surprisingly im glad it did. I dont know whether the sample was a little different, but the formula of this is spot on. Let's just say iv'e been converted. With just a few strokes my lashes are left looking thick and dark, and as a result this has quickly become my go to mascara. 

Next up we have a new love, que the Seventeen Stay Time 18 Hour Concealer. Move over Collection Lasting perfection Concealer as theres a new budget friendly beauty on the block. Although im not completely sold on its lasting power (in no way does it last 18 hours), I cant deny how it effortlessly covers blemishes and imperfections without looking cakey. This month I managed to put my beloved Naked eyeshadows down long enough to try something new. I seriously cant get enough of this Wet n Wild Colour Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking On Eggshells. These budget friendly shadows are satiny smooth, super pigmented and seriously beautiful. 

I cant help but gush over my next favourite. I am completely smitten with this Rhubarb and Rose Replenishing Hand Cream from Molton Brown. This luxurious cream quickly absorbs into the skin, leaving hands feeling soft and moisturised. To top it off, it has a scent that lingers for ages. Think Rhubarb and Custard Sweets, a concoction that really shouldn't work but does. For skincare I have been loving the Pixi Glow Tonic and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+. Together, these truly are the ultimate everyday spot fighting duo (expect a proper review soon).

Finally, I rediscovered an old favourite only to find that it has now been discontinued (sob). Applied before bed, the Dior Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm does a wonderful job of leaving my lips feeling wonderfully soft and smooth. Why discontinue it Dior? why? 

What have you been loving this month?! photo sophiesignature_zpsa3420772.png

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

13 comments:

  1. I can't believe they have discontinued the Dior Creme de Rose! Thats just so ridiculous!
    You take some lovely photos by the way! the tulips are gorgeous!

    Courtney xx | http://labellesirene.blogspot.com | www.bloglovin.com/blog/11672767

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its crazy isn't it!! hopefully they will change their minds haha .. aww thank you so much!! the tulips are beautiful aren't they :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have to try the walking on eggshells palette but Wet N Wild. It come in a palette with six shades too, doesn't it? xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im not actually sure sorry, as I received this in a blog swap!! Its definitely worth trying though :) xx

      Delete
  3. The Pixi Glow tonic is really great and you see results very quickly too :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. couldn't agree more!! its definitely become a firm staple in my skincare routine xx

      Delete
  4. I love La Roche Posay Effaclar ! One of my favourite products this year! xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Pixi Glow I've wanted to try this for the longest time although I worry it might upset my sensitive skin, it can get aggravated so quickly. I do think the samples of they're real differ from the full size product not quite sure why x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah im glad im not the only one who thought it. The formula seems completely different in both!! Aww no.. hopefully if and when you do try it, it will work wonders for you :) xx

      Delete
  6. I've recently started using Pixi Glow Tonic and I think I love it! It's really helped with brightening up my skin :) Awwww I'm so sad about Creme De Rose I never did get round to trying it :(

    Hannah xx
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaaay, its such an amazing product :) .. im totally gutted.. I still have my fingers crossed that they will change their minds xx

      Delete
  7. I love the look of all the products in this post! I have a tube of they're real mascara in my room but haven't opened it yet as I've got a few other mascaras to go through. I've heard so many good things about it, I can't wait to try it! x

    ReplyDelete