photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Tuesday 19 February 2013

February Birchbox 2013

Hello lovelies,
So its that time of the month again (not the one your thinking of), when I hear that awaited knock on the door and like a crazed woman greet the postman as if he's a long lost friend. Reason why? well he was holding a bright pink box, which can mean only one thing, its Birchbox time. 
After seeing various other enthusiastic bloggers snapping away at the contents of their boxes, it seemed as though I was going to be late to the party this month, but there was no need to fret as I now have a box of goodies within my mitts. 
Fancy Seeing what products I received this month? then read on 


With last months box being such a hit, I was concerned that this one wouldn't live up to my expectations. But I am happily surprised with the content. 
This months products are based on the glitz, glam, hustle & bustle of london fashion week. 

What they say: "inside, there's a beauty tool that will give your eyes a catwalk-worthy pop, a star hair product to give your strands a boost and a facial spritz to refresh your skin whether its morning, noon or night". 
Nick Chavez Beverly Hills/ plump N'thick leave-in thickening mist 
"Get visible volume with this light but powerful leave-in treatment from Nick Chavez. Just spritz onto towel dried hair before styling" 

My thoughts: Im beginning to enjoy trying different hair treatments, so im hoping that this product does what it say on the tin. 
Vichy Thermal Spa Water (Limited Edition)
"Soothing and regenerating, this multi-purpose product is naturally enriched with 15 minerals and 13 trace elements. It can be used as a toner, to set make-up or as a refreshing boost" 

My thoughts: A big fan of beauty waters, especially Caudalie's Beauty Elixir  and Avenue's thermal water, im looking forward to trying this out. 
 Korres Guava Shower Gel 50ml
"the sweet, sophisticated scent of this moisturising shower gel will invigorate you, while wheat proteins and aloe vera cleanse and hydrate your skin. Absolutely divine"

My thoughts: I have heard so many great things about this brand and have lusted after their infamous lip butters for quite some time. This being the case I was so excited to see one of their products in my box, and at a decent 50ml size too (on a side note, imagine the excitement if a Korres lip-balm had been involved).  
The shower gel smells absolutely amazing. With my one and only bottle of Lush's ponche running dangerously low, this comes as a very welcome replacement. 

 Gerda Spillmann Bio Fond Cream Foundation
"This light, creamy base is easy to apply, offers great coverage and sets to a powder finish. No wonder it's used on movie sets- we're ready for our close-up!"

My thoughts: This foundation seemed promising with sturdy black packaging, a decent sized mirror, a sponge applicator, and on top of that smells divine (it smells a bit like Liz Earle's superskin moisturiser), but thats where the positives ended when I saw the shade. The one issue with foundations in beauty boxes is shading, although to give Birchbox credit its not far off.
The choices for describing skin colour on the beauty profile survey consists of answers such as, light, like the romantic Kirsten Dunst, and Dark, like the provocative Rihanna. Although Birchbox can get an idea from this, surely it is impossible to find each customers exact shade? 
 Eyelash Curler BEAUTY EXTRA
"Get a wide-open, catwalk-worthy gaze with the help of this Birchbox eyelash curler. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes" Full Size

My thoughts: In dire need of new Eyelash Curlers, im looking forward to giving these a try. 
EBOOST Natural Energy Booster 
"We're relying on EBOOST's natural, nutrient-rich, no-crash tonic to see us through this year's Fashion Week". 
my thoughts: Not a lover of supplements and such like, I will be passing this sachet on to my boyfriend, whom will be more than happy to try it!! 

Altogether I am really impressed with this months Birchbox, only problem is that I have to wait till March for my next beauty box fix!!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. you got some great products here :) let me know how you get on with the eyelash curlers, I need to find some new ones and these look like they could be good!

    great post :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I am really impressed with the products!! I sure will do lovely, im looking forward to trying them xx

      Delete
  2. I love KORRES products and their shower gels always smell delicious! This foundation looked promising, too bad the shade is a bad fit ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gutted about the shade, but I will definitely give it a go!!... its proper yummy I would love to try some more of their products xx

      Delete