photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Sunday 29 December 2013

Best of 2013 | Makeup

Its crazy how much tastes change within a year. When I wrote my 'Best of 2012' post way back in January, my go to products included EOS Lip Balms, a Jack Wills Lipstick and the infamous Nars Orgasm. Fast forward 12 months and the sea of bright pinks have been replaced with daring reds and blushers have been pushed aside for bronzers (hello Tarte's Park Avenue Princess). With this being the case it will come as no suprise that only one product from last years post has made the cut. 

YSL Shocking Mascara (review here)
2013 saw me purchase a fair few mascaras (what can I say Im anything but loyal to them). Yet I find myself going back to YSLs Shocking Mascara time and time again (typical its the most expensive eh). This luxurious, long lasting, lengthening mascara may not be 'the one' but it comes pretty darn close.
Runner Up: Wet n Wild Mega Length Mascara 

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers (review here)
Hailed as dupes for several high end lip products during its release, its hardly suprising that the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers went down a storm with beauty addicts. Apocalyptic a pigmented bright pink shade has regularly made its way into my day to day makeup routine since I purchased it back in January.                                      Runner Up: Chanel Jalousie 

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (review here)
Iv'e said it before and Il say it again, no matter how many times I stray away from Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (DoubleWear is the usual suspect), I always find myself coming back to it. I cant rave enough about this light weight and long wearing gem. 
Runner Up: Estee Lauder DoubleWear 

Barry M Nail Art Pens (review here)
In the summer I went gaga over Barry M's Nail Art Pens (these are ideal for nail art novices). These fuss free pens will help to create quite simply the perfect manicure. Here's hoping they release more shades in the New Year.

Viva La Juicy La Fleur (review here)
Viva La Juicy La Fleur has been my go to scent this year. Each time I spritz this on my wrist im instantly transported back to my week in Paris with Tim. This beautiful feminine fragrance is the perfect floral yet fruity scent suitable for both day and night. 
Runner Up: Viva La Juicy Noir 

Maybelline Baby Lips (review here)
The hype over Maybelline Baby Lips may have died down, but personally I still cant get enough of these super moisturising and buttery soft balms. I wont ramble much more about these as I may have gone just a little overboard when they were finally released back in July. 
Runner Up: Fresh Sugar Lip Balms 

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (review here)
December saw every blogger and their friend adding the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette to they're Christmas Wishlist's (myself included). This Palette really is perfect from the sleek rose gold packaging down to the seriously pigmented shades. This beauty may be a newcomer but considering it was love at first swatch, it well and truly deserves a spot in my 2013 faves. 
Runner Up: Nars & God Created Woman Palette

What were your favourite beauty products of 2013?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

16 comments:

  1. The YSL Shocking Mascara is very much on my 2014 wishlist! This year I have really loved real techniques brushes and urban decay setting sprays!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥ HUGE Giveaway Now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its definitely worth a try!! :) .. ah good choices!! xx

      Delete
  2. The Urban Decay NAKED palette is so popular right now, it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't have one!!

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww im sure your not alone!! :) it really is a fabulous palette though xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Maybelline Baby Lips! I bought 6 or 7 shades I think, they're seriously a staple in my collection!
    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there fab aren't they!! Have you seen the limited edition one in Boots? xx

      Delete
  4. I've just finished a sample of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and really liked it! Great list of products! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks!! It really is a great foundation xx

      Delete
  5. some of these products are just perfect. definitely on my wish list for next year (:
    casualllyawkward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you should definitely give them all a try ;) hahaha xx

      Delete
  6. A lot of these are my wishlist especially the YSL mascara, I'd love the try a Chanel foundation sadly they don't do darker shades :( great post though :D x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thats such a shame!! definitely give the YSL Mascara a try though ;) xx

      Delete
  7. I always wanted YSL lipstick just so I can take it out of my make up bag and look at the package! Great make up collection by the way, I can identify with many of them.

    Dash xx
    http://www.mode-lily.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do exactly that with mine ;) oops haha .. aww thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  8. I recently got a YSL mascara, and I love it so much, so worth the price :) I tagged you in the Get To Know Me tag by the way :) hope you do it! xx

    Emma www.glitterandwishes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree!! Aww thanks so much, will definitely check it out :) xx

      Delete