photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas Nail Art Ideas

With Christmas fast approaching (is it really a mere four days away) I decided to create three basic, fun, effective yet completely unoriginal nail art designs perfect for the upcoming festivities. I may have a certificate in shellac, but when it comes to nail art my skills are basic to say the least (one of my New Years Resolutions will definitely be to attend a Pro Nails, Nail Art Course) so the above ideas are simple and fuss free to re create. The only tool needed is a steady hand, or the perfect nail art cheats, que a novices best friends, the Models Own and Barry M Pens.

First up we have Snowflakes. For the base I used two coats of Sephora's Jacuzzi, a beautiful pale blue. I then went on to use the Barry M Pen to create the flakes (similarly you could use a thin brush) finally I applied a coat of Ciate's Halo, a fabulous holographic top coat. With hints of pink, purple and blue this really creates the perfect finish. 

Next up we have the customary sparkly candy canes (without a doubt my favourite of the three). For the base I applied two coats of Ciate's Mistress, a vibrant tomato red (one coat would be sufficient) and two coats of Ciate's enchanted rose (cant beat a hint of sparkle). It will come as no suprise that I simply used the Models own Pen to create the stripes. I can guarantee that this design will adorn my nails Christmas day (remember an outfit is not complete without a mani). 

Finally, last but certainly not least we have some Christmas puddings. For this design I used three coats of Nails Inc's Upper Regent Street (its sadly a rather streaky polish) a gorgeous chocolate brown shade, I then used the Models Own Pen to re create the icing and Ciate's Mojito and Mistress to create the holly. 
Have you attempted any Christmas Nail Art?
I would love to see your ideas if you have!! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments: