photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Thursday 12 December 2013

Getting Down At The Drugstore


Hi my names Sophie and I have a total weakness for a good drugstore bargain. 'Gift with purchase' and 3 for 2 offers, are words that never fail to make me a little giddy at the knees, and because of that I often spend a small fortune within minutes on fabulous high street gems. So It will come as no suprise that I didn't leave empty handed during my recent trip to Boots thanks to those two devilish words. 

The Seventeen Brows That Brow Kit was the first item to fall victim to my basket. Dangerously close to pan on both my E.L.F Brow Kit and Benefit Brow Zings, I couldn't resist picking up this Limited Edition gem (any excuse hey). With a full review in the pipeline I wont go into too much detail but what I will say is that its a serious contender to knock Brow Zings off the top spot (yes it really is that good). The Brows That Brow Kit is currently £6, or free if you spend £8 or more across the Seventeen line. Obviously I made the most of the offer and picked up a Skin Wow Primer Highlighter and 18 Hour Stay Time Concealer (expect a review soon). My logic?? Why spend £6 on one product when for a mere £2 more you could get three. How shameful. 

After a mooch around I was ready to hit the tills, when a row of limited edition Cherry Velvet Maybelline Baby Lips caught my attention. Its no secret that I have an obsession with these colourful balms, so it would have been rude not to leave without at least one. However I will say that the offer on this balm is a little confusing to say the least. Emblazoned across the barcode was 'limited edition sample, not for resale', yet all that was written on the board was 3 for 2. A little confused, I took to twitter to find out a little more about this mysterious Maybelline Baby Lips, when the lovely Amy came to my rescue. Basically as part of the 3 for 2 offer, aswell as getting the cheapest item free, you also get a limited edition Baby Lips (win win right?!). 

Making the most of 3 for 2, I also picked up the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate. Hailed as a purse friendly alternative to MAC's Cranberry I couldn't resist popping it in my basket. A Maybelline The One By One Black Mascara and a Nail Polish which I happily handed over to my friend, for good measure. 
Are you a sucker for a good drugstore bargain?!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I love that concealer! I also got the Brows kit as a free gift if you spent over £8 on Seventeen, excited to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its fab isn't it!! Its such a good deal :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love a good bargain. In love with the baby lips range; ADDICTED x

    http://itschlo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your review on the concealer, have been tempted to pick it up! You've got a great eye for a bargain! :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might like it as much as Collection Lasting perfection :O .. aww thanks, I love a good bargain xx

      Delete
  4. Definitely have to go pick up that brow kit and a few other bits! Such a bargain! x

    www.mappedoutblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a perfect drugstore dupe for the likes of Brow Zings :) xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't had a look around Boots in the longest time, I really miss just popping in and having a look around so I think I'll have to go soon! The brow kit sounds amazing, I do love a good bargain!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you definitely need to pay Boots a visit ;) haha .. it really is amazing!! xx

      Delete
  6. Sophie, you've got great taste in skincare products and an amazing blog! I'm now following you. :)

    If you're interested, follow me back!

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete