photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Princess Tag | Favourite Luxury Beauty Products



So Iv'e decided to do a little bit of a different post today. The Princess Tag (Favourite Luxury Beauty Products) was created by the beautiful Tati from Glam Life Guru. Although Iv'e not actually been tagged to do it, I thought it would be a bit of fun. Lets face it, we all love a good bargain, but theres something exciting about a high end splurge. I know a Lipstick purchase should be based upon pigmentation, shade, ease of application and longevity, but dont you agree when encased within a sleek black MAC bullet, or fancy gold packaging with an embossed YSL logo makes the product all the more special?! So what products leave me feeling like a Princess?! 

Foundation - 
No matter how many times I stray away from Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (heres looking at you Estee Lauder DoubleWear and DiorSkin Nude BB), I always find myself coming back to it. This lightweight, long wearing, 'your skin but better' foundation, to me is the ultimate everyday essential. You can read my full review here.

Concealer - 
For me Collection 2000s Lasting perfection is the creme de la creme of Concealers. However if I were to splurge on a high end concealer it would have to be MAC's Studio Sculpt. This creamy offering applies like a dream, and due to its consistency is perfect for covering those problematic spots. Finish with a setting powder and your good to go. 

Powder - 
As a sufferer of oily/combination skin, I rely heavily upon powder to keep my makeup in tact throughout the day. Chanel's Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder prevents me from becoming an oily mess. Unlike most powders this velvety soft beauty doesn't leave me looking cakey, infact its so sheer its practically unnoticeable. 

Bronzer - 
For Bronzer I've chosen Tarte's Park Avenue Princess (how ironic). This gorgeous bronzer has a slight hint of sparkle but doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball. Like the blushers, Park Avenue Princess is seriously pigmented, so much so that a little dusting definitely goes a long way. So what makes it the ultimate luxury bronzer for me?! Park Avenue Princess gives a lovely flush of colour without looking orange, or muddy like most (no one wants to look tango'ed right?!) 

Blush - 
Keeping with the Tarte theme, it will come as no suprise that I chose Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy. This beautiful peach shade is seriously pigmented, easy to work with and long lasting (I seriously agree with Tarte's 12 hour claims). The fact that Tarte products are hard to get hold of in the UK makes this blush all the more special. 

Highlighter - 
Tom Ford's Shade and Illuminate is the ultimate luxury product. The highlighting shade, leaves a gorgeous sheer glow. Aside from the packaging and gulp worthy price tag, what makes it special is that it brightens the face without being overly shimmery. 

Eyeshadow - 
It will come as no suprise that I opted for the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Urban Decay shadows in general, blow all other competition out of the water. Ridiculously pigmented and buttery soft, whats not to love?!

Eyeliner - 
For me, an eyeliner needs to be jet black, super pigmented, long wearing (my eyes are forever watering) and easy to apply!! I am happy to say that I have found all this in Chanel's Liquid Eyeliner. I literally swatched every high end liquid liner in House Of Fraser before i settled on this.

Mascara - 
If you've read my posts for a while, you will be well aware that Im forever on the look out for the ultimate mascara. Although Iv'e yet to find the one, that holy grail Mascara that creates the perfect false lash effect, I always find myself going back to YSL's Shocking Mascara. With various sized plastic bristles, the wand makes applying the product a doddle, catching all of the lashes, resulting in a "shocking" fluttery effect. If that isn't enough to make you swoon, YSL's Shocking Mascara comes encased in luxurious gold packaging, embossed with the YSL logo. 

Lip Liner - 
My one and only high end Lip Liner RiRi Hearts M.A.C Pro Longwear Pencil (RiRiWoo) is a pigmented matte pencil, and the perfect base for bright reds to stop them migrating. 

Lipstick - 
As a total Lipstick junkie it was really hard to pick just one shade. After much contemplation Kate Spade won. Everything about the designers lipsticks are princess like from the fancy spring loaded gold packaging to the name "Supercalifragilipstick" (oh how whimsical). Fuchsia Fete is a fabulous wearable, sheer bright pink, with a smooth, moisturising formula, and balm like consistency.  


Lipgloss - 
Never before had a lipgloss made the grade, until Chanel's Jalousie's Glossimer came on the scene. Forget poor colour pay off and uber sticky lips. This highly pigmented bright pink is opaque enough to be worn alone or paired alongside Fuchsia Fete.

Brow Product - 
Benefit Brow Zings is the ultimate eyebrow shaping kit. With a small compact mirror, pigmented wax and powder, two brushes and a tweezer, what more could you ask for!

MISC - 
I couldn't talk about my favourite luxury beauty products without mentioning Chanel's Les Beiges Kabuki Brush. I searched high and low for this  brush after reading Claudia's rave reviews. Not only is it a perfect companion to the Les Beiges Powder (definitely a handbag essential for touchups throughout the day) but it is literally the softest brush I have come across. With chic black packaging adorning the iconic double 'C's this little kabuki screams luxury. 

Nail Polish - 
This was such an easy product to pick. Chanel's Peridot is the one and only high end polish in my collection. Peridot is a beautiful green/gold duo chrome shade, which reflects a hint of blue in some light. Because of that, this shade adorns my nails for most of Autumn/Winter.

If you decide to give this Tag a go, please leave your link below so I can check it out
I tag - 
Claudia from Claudia Couture
Erica from EricaWears
Trina from TrinaWears
Ally from MissAllyV
Charlotte from Little Miss C

What are your Favourite Luxury Beauty Products?! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

15 comments:

  1. Tipsy looks so pretty! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks for tagging me! Can't wait to shoot mine! I love Tarte and their cheek products!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome lovely :) .. cant wait to see yours!! .. I love Tarte too, I cant thank you enough for sending me Tipsy :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really liked reading this post, inspired me to go out there and get a job so i can buy more high end makeup! haha (basically for me the only reason to get a job is to buy pretty stuff...haha), i am really worried i might be turning in to Rebecca Bloomwood lol,

    I really need to get that Chanel foundation, i got a tester, tried it a couple of times and it worked so well for me, every foundation i have tried looks awful on me, and the Chanel one really surprised me.

    nenaath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww im glad you enjoyed it!! haha dont worry I think I may be Rebecca Bloomwood hahaha ..you definitely should its such a great foundation xx

      Delete
  4. Tipsy looks like such a gorgeous blush!

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! I seriously cant rave enough about it :) xx

      Delete
  5. OMG fab tag!!! How gorgeous are those Guerlain pastel powder balls? Oh I want it soooo bad! I need to do this xx
    Gem // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are gorgeous :) .. its such a great tag, I would love to see your Princess Tag :) xx

      Delete
  6. The Urban Decay palette's really do surpass any other palette I've ever tried! Have you seen The Vault? A girl can dream.. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!! I just googled it now, oh my word its amazing!! A girl can definitely dream :) xx

      Delete
  7. Tarte is my favorite for blushes! I love the shade flushed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there amazing blushes aren't they!! ooo flushed is such a pretty shade, definitely one to put on the wishlist!! xx

      Delete
  8. The web log is completely fantastic! heap of nice data which may be useful in some or the opposite manner. Keep change the web log, trying forward for a lot of contents...Great job, keep it up..
    luxury beauty.

    ReplyDelete