photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Sunday 22 December 2013

FOTN | The Christmas Party Picks


So last week I attended the boyfriends annual Christmas do, and its safe to say that I dressed to impress. Unlike my own Christmas Parties (the last one consisted of me and my beautiful chum making fools of ourselves, and cutting the night short after consuming one too many glasses bottles of wine), where I will happily waltz out the door in my favourite LBD and an everyday makeup look (its safe to say its no sophisticated soiree), I felt it was only right to dress for the occasion, starting with the all important Christmas Party beauty picks.  

I went for products that I knew would stand the test of time, ie something that would survive several glasses of bubbly, far too many shots and countless hours of dancing. Apologies in advance for the poor quality, half cut iPhone selfies, but hopefully you will get the jist.

I went for the classic bold red lip and fluttery long lashes (Eylure's double lashes are incredible) so I kept everything pretty natural. For base I used Estee lauders DoubleWear, a foundation that lasts all night, whist also covering a multitude of sins, and my trusty Collection 2000 Lasting perfection Concealer for those pesky spots and Tarte's Park Avenue Princess for contouring/bronzer. Finally for eyes I used the Nars and God Created Woman Palette, more specifically Belissima (a light taupe with a slight hint of shimmer) across the lid and Galapagos (a medium to light brown with serious gold glitter) in the crease. I then applied my Eylure lashes and a flick of L'Oreal's Super Liner Ultra Precision

Outfit wise I wore this beautiful dress from Little Mistress, my trusty Vivienne Westwood heels (seriously comfy for a night on the tiles) and my Mulberry Lily (review here). 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

10 comments:

  1. These lip colours are so pretty!

    Lovely blog, I'm a new follower.

    Kimberley x

    Www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant get enough of them lately!! .. aww thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  2. you look gorgeous :) this is such a classic look and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much :) ... cant beat a bold lip and fluttery lashes :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great post, you looked really pretty I love the lip colours, I've been after a YSL lipstick for ages..that looks like the perfect Red :) xx

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much :) .. it really is a beautiful red xx

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous! That YSL lipstick looks amazing <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much!! its such a gorgeous shade xx

      Delete