photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Friday 20 December 2013

YSL Rouge In Danger






Dressing up on Christmas Day has been a tradition in my family for aslong as I can remember. Even as a child I would parade around the house in an oversized velour number, drowning in a sea of dress up jewels (those were the days when the latest 'it' bag was a LaLa rucksack). Fast forward over 15 years and I still like to adorn some serious sparkle (this year I have a little Zara number). Im sure your wondering where im going with this, so I shall stop digressing and get to the point. No Christmas outfit is complete without new beauty goodies, more specifically a beautiful red lipstick. 

So what im trying to say is, well I shamefully used Christmas day as the perfect excuse to indulge in a beautiful YSL lipstick in the form of Rouge in Danger, a vibrant yet wearable bright red. I know I know im a shopaholic. This seriously glossy lipstick is super pigmented, long lasting and easy to apply (it really does glide on effortlessly) making it the perfect accompaniment to any Christmas look. 

Unlike most reds  Rouge In Danger doesn't stick to, or emphasise dry patches. Infact I find it to be not only hydrating but quite flattering even with my current bout of seriously chapped lips (as you can probably gather from the swatch above, its unnoticeable). Unlike the generic vanilla scent of most high end lip products (dont get me wrong I cant fault it) this YSL beauty has a pleasantly refreshing fruity scent. 

Like all YSL packaging, this is seriously luxurious and visually appealing, thanks to the beautiful gold packaging finished off with the brands logo. I love how the band around the packaging is colour co ordinated to the shade inside, making it easy to identify (not that I have a drawer of YSL lipsticks to rummage through). 

The YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Rouge In Danger costs £24 and can be purchased from the likes of Debenhams, Selfridges and Feel Unique.
What are your Christmas beauty traditions?!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

12 comments:

  1. This looks lovely I really want to try a YSL lipstick x

    Catherines Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is!! ah there definitely worth a try ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour!

    http://kalisinspirationboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh it looks like such a perfect colour! And that packaging is stunning! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, the packaging on these lipsticks are SO glamorous! Must.have.YSL.

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so with you!! I just want a row of them to sit pretty on my dresser ;) haha xx

      Delete
  5. Stunning red shade - brilliant for Christmas :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  6. they really do have some of the nicest packaging! I have already picked up one and told myself that they were overpriced and therefore, I don't need anymore...well...that was before I saw this color! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, it really is a beautiful shade!! Maybe a little overpriced but totally fabulous ;) xx

      Delete