photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Saturday 7 December 2013

I Heart Drugstore Make-Up | Tag



I love high end makeup as much as the next person (I think the Princess Tag proves that), but my heart well and truly belongs to the drugstore. I can walk into Boots full of cold in search of cough sweets, and still find myself making my way to the till with a basket brimming with goodies. Thanks to 3 for 2, points cards, and the many temptations that surround the tills, its safe to say that I could spend a small fortune in a matter of minutes, on inexpensive, high quality products. So when the lovely Charlotte tagged me to do the 'I Heart Drugstore Make-Up Tag' I saw it as the perfect opportunity to ramble about my love of budget beauty. 

What's your favourite drugstore brand?! 
This is such a tough question, but I would have to say Maybelline. From the sought after Baby Lips and much loved Mascaras ( Falsies is the one and only Mascara I have repurchased) to the coveted Colour Tattoo's, its safe to say that Maybelline are on fire of late. 

What are your favourite face, cheek, and lip products?!
When it comes to my complexion, il admit to being somewhat of a high end snob. I would rather spend £20+ on a decent foundation (hello Chanel Vitalumiere), than buy countless bottles of drugstore ones that just aren't all that. However there are two exceptions to this rule, que Revlon's Nearly Naked, a lovely, buildable, long lasting, budget friendly foundation and Collections Lasting Perfection Concealer. This heavy duty beauty, blows all others out of the water. 

For cheeks it would have to be a toss up between Sleek's Rose Gold, a seriously pigmented long wearing blush (did I also mention its a dupe for a much loved bloggers fave?) and Elf's Tickled Pink.
As for lips I still cant get enough of the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers, Maybelline Baby Lips and Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks

Least favourite product?!
This is such a hard one as Im rarely unhappy with my makeup purchases as I often research the products before parting with my pennies (maybe im just easily pleased). But Sadly I would have to say Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation. I would love to sit here and sing its praises, but to be totally honest we just dont get along! I love the finish, texture, shading, but after an hour or twos wear I just end up looking like an oily mess (no amount of powder seemed to help). 

Best makeup bargain?!
Ooo now this is a toss up between MUA lipsticks (for a pound they seriously are the bees knees), and Collection's Lasting Perfection (im sure this comes as no suprise). It is without a doubt the BEST concealer I have come across. To find a creamy, full coverage concealer for as little as £4 is a total steal.

What's your favourite underdog product?!
Easy, Barry M Dazzle Dusts. They deserve way more love than they get. Available in a range of beautiful shades, these wonderful little pots are a great alternative to the sought after MAC pigments!! 

Over priced drugstore product?!
This was such an easy one. I rarely ever look at Maxfactor as I find the brand (mascaras in particular) to be a little overpriced for the drugstore. Considering we have to pay double figures for a product when its sister brand Covergirl (basically the US equivalent if you were wondering) charges almost half the price for its line is a little shocking to be honest.
Talking of American brands, another drugstore product/line I find to be somewhat overpriced is the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush. Dont get me wrong its beautiful, from the packaging, to the colour and finish, however it lacks pigmentation, so for that I would say that the $12 price tag is a little steep. 
Drugstore Dupes?!
The obvious would be Sleek's Rose gold, which is a perfect dupe for Nars Orgasm. Not only are the two near identical, but I would go as far as to say that Rose Gold is a lot more pigmented. So at a fraction of the price its certainly a steal (oh drugstores how I love thee). You can read my review on the pair here.

Drugstore products that aren't really worth the hype?! 
Please dont hate me, but I just dont understand the hype over Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash's. Dont get me wrong there nice enough products, I just dont quite understand the hype that surrounds them. If anything Id say they are overpriced for what they are. Give me a Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer or Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick any day.

I tag:
Claudia from Claudia Couture
Ally from MissAllyV
Erica from EricaWears
Trina from TrinaWears
Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie

What are your Drugstore essentials?!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

12 comments:

  1. Love this. I just bought the Wake Me Up foundation haha. Gonna review it next week but used it once and I think it oxidises? I don't hate the lip butters but don't get the huge hype either. You should try Max Factor, really good stuff. Creme Puffs and eyeshadows are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo Il take a peek at the creme puffs during my next boots jolly ;) haha.. Aww I hope Wake Me Up foundation works better for you lovely. I would definitely say it oxidises quite a bit!! ..im glad im not the only one who doesn't get the hype over the lip butters :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love your photo!
    I wanna try these baby lips products! They look so good :)
    I do love no.7, thats my favourite ever makeup brand! (SORRY MAC!)

    Kelly from DayDreamsDaisyChains.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks lovely!! :) .. they really are worth a cheeky purchase. Do you know what, Iv'e only ever tried a lipstick and face cleansing brush from no7 :O xx

      Delete
  3. The photo is great and the post too! I love most of the products you talked about and the other ones I want to try! :))

    http://kalisinspirationboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much!! Im glad you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love this tag! Really love the collection concealer <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a great tag!! Its such an amazing concealer, and definitely deserves all the hype that surrounds it :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love your photos :)
    I can't go in to boots without being lured in by the cosmetics either! Those pesky 3 for 2 offers! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you, im glad you like them :) .. haha im glad im not the only one!! oh and we cant forget the 'spend £10 and get a free....' offer, too much temptation haha xx

      Delete
  6. loved it! Sometimes I can refrain from purchasing items..but I can never NOT go home without looking at every beauty shelf before I leave the drugstore haha! My favorite drugstore products are the Wet N Wild eyeshadows and blushers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha im glad im not the only one ;) .. I LOVE the Wet n Wild Eyeshadows!! xx

      Delete